Our Staff Mental Health Hub is open for referrals for all Health and Social Care Staff seeking help for the emotional and psychological impact of working during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This BSol Staff Mental Health Hub will accept self referrals directly from staff and are also happy to accept referrals from organisations for their staff. Following referral, the staff member will be offered the following:
- Rapid and easy access to specialist psychological assessment
- Advice, consultation and onward referral where appropriate
- Access to some evidence based brief psychological interventions within the Hub.
Staff can refer themselves by telephoning 0121 301 1470 and leave a voicemail with their details or can self refer by email on the secure email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please label your email clearly for the Staff Mental Health Hub, and include name, contact details, home address, date of birth, and GP, and where possible some brief details as to the reason for the referral. If referring on behalf of a colleague, please ensure you have consent to share their details with us.
The BSol Staff Mental Health Hub has been designed specifically to work alongside other pre-existing support services that have been established over the past year including:
- Psychological First Aiders
- Occupational Health or staff counselling where these exist, or Staff Safety and Wellbeing support
Please note: the BSol Staff mental health hub will not be able to directly offer an alternative to secondary care mental health services or urgent / Crisis intervention. If you are concerned about immediate risk you will need to contact your GP or consider seeking other emergency health care.
Information for referring line managers
The BSol Staff Mental Health Hub has been designed specifically to work alongside other pre-existing support services that have been established over the past year, and before making a referral it may be helpful to consider the following:
- Has the staff member been encouraged to access support available from within their organisation, such as Psychological First Aiders, Chaplaincy, Occupational Health or staff counselling where these exist, or Staff Safety and Wellbeing support
- Has the staff member contacted the 24/7 BSol CCG Helpline delivered by the Living Well Consortium on 0121 262 3555
- Is the staff member currently under the care of a secondary / specialist mental health service, or currently receiving treatment for a long term / enduring mental ill health condition – in this case, whilst the Staff Mental Health Hub may still be able to assist, a conversation may be useful prior to referral.